April 4, 2009

ZYDOKOMUNA


This was the first image created for the Entartete Kunst series. Entartete Kunst is german for "Degenerate Art", and was a term developed by Nazi theorists to describe most modern art, as they felt it was socially corruptive and Judeo-Bolshevist in nature.


I find these discriminating ideas absurd, but I have adopted the Judeo-Bolshevist theme in this work (the cosmonauts, the hexagram etc.) as a starting point to create these images. As mentioned in a previous post this project is about returning to a more expressive way of creating art (after 10 years as a production artist), and about overcoming my own discriminating views on expressive art.


Zydokomuna is a polish term for Judeo-Bolshevism.


As a disclaimer I'll add that I don't hold any fascist, racist, or anti-semitic views......if you don't believe me....well there's not much I can do about that.

1 comment:

  1. YOU RACIST FASCIST PIG! Hey Derek these are amazing man. Really like your Entartete Kunst stuff. Plans for a book or something I hope?! Anyway long time no see/speak/hear, huh? Great work.

    ReplyDelete