September 3, 2009

UNDERGANGENS ARKITEKTUR



Here is the latest Entartete Kunst image. I had this one in my head for awhile but I was at a loss for a title. Then I happened across Peter Cohen's excellent documentary "Architecture of Doom"on Google Video. The film argues that the driving force of Nazism was largley aesthetic, and the concept of Entartete Kunst is explained in some detail. Since the discriminating nature in this work is represented by structure, hard edges, and geometry, and since these forms played such a large roll in this image I thought the tilte would fit. Funny how you often stumble across something just when you need it.


I also included a detail image because these images are quite large, being 12"x20", or 12"x24" in most cases, and a lot of the detail is lost when crunching them down for blog posting.

2 comments:

  1. but how come you marked "the architecture of doom" in swedish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a nod to Swedish film director Peter Cohen, and his wonderful documentary.

    ReplyDelete